Thursday, April 2, 2015

Introduction of myself and what this blog is about

During my lifetime working in the computer industry I have seen how fast things move and the amount of change that occurs when you are in a technology rut. There are topics in technology that I do enjoy talking about and this blog will be a way for me to express my opinion about some of the current trends, past trends, and life as a woman in the technology sector.


The Information Technology sector has been evolving and more women are working there way up through the ranks. Some are very out in the public eye - such as the author of Lean In - Sheryl Sandburg. Her book talks about empowering women in the workforce and it doesn't just pertain to the IT industry but in any aspect of life. I have read her book several times and every time I read it I find something that I missed before that may impact something at the moment. Others, like myself are in the ranks of making headway in a industry that has preconceived notions. I don't have a book published since at this time I am not an executive nor in the public eye. I work hard to encourage young women that being in the science and technology field is a lot of fun and rewarding.



No comments:

Post a Comment